The aim of this course is to provide a comprehensive introduction to climbing top-rope routes in the outdoors, tailored specifically to Melbourne’s rapidly growing indoor climbing community.
On this course you will learn to:
- Search for, design and construct top-rope anchors in the outdoors using the natural features of the rock
- Return at the end of your session without leaving any of your equipment behind
- Inspect fixed climbing hardware and anchors before you use them
- Recognise the most common climbing mistakes and easy methods to mitigate them
- Make intelligent decisions in the outdoors.
BONUS – as part of this course you will learn about the humble prusik loop – a very simple, extremely useful piece of climbing equipment that not many climbers carry or even own. You will learn just how useful it can be in all sorts of situations, and as a special thank-you for signing up to this course – we’ll give you one to keep!
NOTE: Both days are run at the outdoor location, even though the “Skills Courses” page says that the first day is indoors. You should have indoor Top-roping skills already before coming on this course. Please note that course numbers are limited – we will organise another date for you if the current course is full.