Multi-Pitch Trad Climbing Course
This course is suitable for people who have done some trad-climbing before and are used to setting single-pitch trad anchors.
Among the skills covered in this course are:
- Planning your day before you start, preparing for any eventuality
- The importance of clear, concise communication on multi-pitch routes
- Additional types of anchor systems
- Additional belay techniques
- Smooth transitioning from top-belay to lead-belay while on the wall
- The importance of staying vigilant even after arriving at the top
- Preparing equipment for a walking descent, or –
- Using two ropes for very-long abseils
Location: Mt Arapiles. The area we climb at and the grade of the routes will be tailored to the group participant’s skill levels.
Duration: 2 days for participants who have Single-Pitch trad skills already