A lot of people contact me asking to learn how to go trad climbing, but don’t necessarily have the belay skills down quite yet. If that is the case, I run a custom 3-day course such as this one.
What will we learn?
On this course you will learn to:
- Lead belaying
- Prepare your gear prior to leaving the ground ready for safe, efficient climbing
- Identify the best type of gear for a particular rock feature
- Build multi-point anchor systems using trad gear and your rope
- Return at the end of your session without leaving any of your equipment behind
- Recognise the most common trad climbing mistakes and easy methods to mitigate them
- Safe abseiling and retrieving your gear
- Safety skills and environmental concerns
Duration: 2 days