What do we think about Rock Climbing?
Rock climbing is an incredible sport that we love wholeheartedly, and Melbourne Climbing School was formed to share it with the world. Rock Climbing does not discriminate on the basis of age, strength, fitness level or gender (…or race, sexual orientation, disability or anything else of course). It is a sport that is open to every person no matter what, is challenging both physically and mentally and can be enjoyed at any level, from beginner to advanced.
We can guide you or teach you something new whatever your skill or experience level – beginner to advanced, we have you covered. We are all about safety here, and we love teaching as much as we love climbing. We hope to see you on our courses and experience days.
Our mission statement, or what does “intelligent rock climbing” mean?
Here at MCS, our aim is to help the sport of Rock Climbing grow big. Really Big. As in “Big” big. To do that, we have narrowed our mission statement down to a few guiding principles:
- To share the experience of this wonderful, fulfilling sport with as many people as possible
- To remove mental barriers that stop people from getting into the sport – “I’m too weak/unfit/young/old” or “I’m the wrong gender/height/religion/race” – none of these matter, nor should they.
- To teach and encourage responsible climbing safety knowledge and techniques
- To promote a concept of “continuous learning”. Starting with ourselves we pledge to never – not after 5, 20 or 50 years – stop learning new things about this ever-evolving sport (note that Aaron has 20+ years of climbing experience and still loves learning new things).
- To engage with the climbing and outdoors communities, valuing and adopting their feedback as and when we can
- To promote environmental awareness in Victoria’s beautiful but delicate outdoor areas
Check out the pages in the menu above to see some of the things we can offer you right now.